I am currently pursuing my T. Y. BSc. (I. T.) and much
of what I have in my curriculum is pretty much using
applications that work in Windoze!

Considering the professionals in this list, can the
software industry, especially, those who provide
services in the open source areas using GNU/Linux,
initiate certain programmes or take some steps to be a
part of the curriculum developement team of courses
which provide education about software development for
University of Mumbai?

I agree, this is not easy and needs the consensus of
both the university and the industry, but someone
would have to initiate it.

Or students like me should put this request in the
form of a letter to the university?

We (BSc I. T.) have learnt about UNIX Operating
system's basic commands in one of our semesters which
actually inclined me towards using GNU/Linux as a
mainstream OS. BSc (Computer Science) students learn a
little more about the Operating System.


                
__________________________________________________________ 
Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to