On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:50:07 +0300 (EEST)
Meelis Roos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems no one cares for arch/ppc any more but the move to powerpc was 
> not finished completely (PReP subarch was not migrated but sees users, I 
> do not know about the user base of the other subarches). So I have been 
> thinking about migrating PReP support to arch/powerpc myself since I use 
> it.

The merge is still on-going.  So it's not "finished" at all.

> Any general guidelines or specific hints about that? I have looked 
> around in the code and some pieces are clearly PReP specific (setup, 
> pci, boot) but others seem wuite a bit mixed up with other subarches.

David Gibson and Rob Landley had a quite interesting discussion about
PReP last night on IRC.  You might want to contact them and see if they
came to any conclusions.

josh
_______________________________________________
Linuxppc-dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-dev

Reply via email to