On 08/09/2016 10:45 PM, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
[snip] Notably, only
the pseries platform calls pcibios_free_controller() for some purpose
other than to release the pci_controller in case of errors just after
the call to pcibios_alloc_controller() (i.e., 'goto error' scenarios).

cxl's vPHB API also uses pcibios_free_controller() [snip]

Cool. I see I missed this report line from grep; thanks. I was mostly
biased at arch/powerpc/ and driver/pci/ these days.

I'm currently working on a cxl defect found by an IBM test team where we
run into this - will review this patch more thoroughly and test it shortly.

That's great; thanks!

--
Mauricio Faria de Oliveira
IBM Linux Technology Center