This is to improve page boundaries checking and should probably
be cc:stable. I came accross this while debugging nvlink2 passthrough
but the lack of checking might be exploited by the existing userspace.
The get_user_pages() comment says it should be "phased out" but the only
alternative seems to be get_user_pages_longterm(), should that be used
instead (this is longterm reference elevation, however it is not DAX,
whatever this implies)? get_user_pages_remote() seems unnecessarily
complicated because of @locked.
* 2/2: read pageshift from pte
* 2/2: changed compound pages handling
* 2/2: implemented less strict but still safe max pageshift as David suggested
* enforced huge pages not to cross preregistered chunk boundaries
* 2/2: explicitly check for compound pages before calling compound_order()
This is based on sha1
1e4b044 Linus Torvalds "Linux 4.18-rc4".
Please comment. Thanks.
Alexey Kardashevskiy (2):
vfio/spapr: Use IOMMU pageshift rather than pagesize
KVM: PPC: Check if IOMMU page is contained in the pinned physical page
arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h | 4 ++--
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio.c | 2 +-
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio_hv.c | 6 ++++--
arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context_iommu.c | 39 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
drivers/vfio/vfio_iommu_spapr_tce.c | 10 ++++-----
5 files changed, 49 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)