Its firmware apparently provides a flattened device tree to the OS.
And while this step towards world domination is flattering, it's an
example of what I feared when people first got enthusiastic about the
idea of including flattened device trees in firmwares.  The tree has
not, AFAIK, been past this list, and has apparently not been reviewed
by someone knowledgeable about device trees.  In short, it's crap, and
now that it's embedded in the firware we can't really fix it.

Can't you build a kernel with a blob that overrides the firmware-provided
blob?

Segher