On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 12:20:59PM +0200, Nathan Chancellor wrote: > control. The change that introduced -max-store-memset only did it to > "allow fine-tuning of the inlining threshold for performance analysis > and optimization". If they decide to remove it for whatever reason, > we're back to square one.
I suppose all the more reason to get -finline-stringops=memset added to clang. Then the dual-default thing you came up with below will naturally start choosing the first option when it becomes available. > I know something like below would be uglier due to the ifdef but it > would avoid changing anything for GCC while clearing up the issue at > hand for clang in a guaranteed stable and succinct manner. But then we're back to the byte-by-byte codegen that Christophe pointed out. > If that is not acceptable, something like the following does appear to > work for me. Okay, great, let's do that. Does this commit seem okay with you? I used the diff you sent below and adjusted the commit message: https://git.zx2c4.com/linux-rng/commit/?id=56ff95ee85715047eb5b5220243778af657778c8 Jason
