Daniel Ng wrote:
Scott Wood <scottwood <at> freescale.com> writes:
cuboot-824x is for 8240, 8245, and similar chips.  You want cuboot-pq2.

Hi Scott et al,

I seem to get further with the cuboot-824x file- with the cuboot-pq2 file

Nonetheless, cuboot-pq2 is the correct one.

the boot sequence doesn't even reach the 'zImage starting' stage. The machine reboots just before it should be printing out 'zImage starting'.

What does it print before it reboots? Try disabling the PCI and localbus setup.

Is there a way I can get more detailed debug to see what's happening?

printf(). :-)

Do settings from bd_info struct override the settings from the DTS file?

Yes.

Also, a lot of the settings passed from u-boot in our 2.6.14 environment are plain wrong eg. wrong memory, wrong processor speed. In this case, the correct settings are set elsewhere (for memory, it is a kernel parameter ie. mem=32M, and the processor speed is set in the 2.6.14 'make menuconfig'). Therefore, the machine still boots into Linux correctly. For 2.6.27, would these incorrect settings be causing my problems?

Yes, if u-boot is providing junk, then you'll probably want to hack up the wrapper to ignore it. Or just upgrade u-boot to one that works. :-)

-Scott