Dear linuxptp users and developers,

I am planning to release version 1.8 in one week, without any major
new features, in order to fix the regression in version 1.7.

[ Sound familiar?  The same thing happened to 1.6.  I don't have the
  time to maintain stable branches, and so my policy is to push out a
  new release in case of regressions.  Anyone sticking with older
  versions who is affected by the regressions can easily pick up the
  small fixes. ]

The one bug that needs fixing is the one-step mode.  This broke
between 1.6 and 1.7.  I am also planning to include the RTNL link
handling as a new feature.

If you know of any other problems with 1.7 or in the current git head,
please let me know right away.

engaging tech sites,!
Linuxptp-devel mailing list