On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 05:24:48PM +0000, Patel, Vedang wrote:
> I will add the comment for clearing the SYNC_RX_TIMER. It is basically
> to clear out the event returned by poll().

But why?  Does the original code have a bug?  Please explain.

> But, I don't understand how moving the inhibit_announce before this
> will help.

You avoid changing the behavior of the non-noop-BCMA code.

> I am not removing the hunk anywhere.

You are right.  I misread the next patch.

BUT you avoid changing the original behavior by doing this:

        if (p->inhibit_announce) {
                port_clr_tmo(p->fda.fd[FD_ANNOUNCE_TIMER]);
                port_clr_tmo(p->fda.fd[FD_SYNC_RX_TIMER]);
        } else {
                port_set_announce_tmo(p);
        }

See?