On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 12:24:39PM +0300, Magnus Armholt wrote:
> Strip the IEC62439-3 PRP trailer if it is present
> to support PTP over PRP.
> The implementation is very pedantic about
> trailing bytes and will indicate bad message if the
> PRP trailer bytes are present when parsing the PTP message.

> +static int has_prp_trailer(unsigned char *ptr, int cnt, int eth_hlen, int
> *trailer_len)
> +{
> +     unsigned short suffix_id, lane_size_field, lsdu_size;
> +     struct ptp_header* hdr;
> +     int ptp_msg_len, trailer_start, padding_len;

Just some minor coding style issues. Please order the declarations by
length (reverse christmas tree) and write hdr as "*hdr" instead of
"* hdr".

> +     /* try to parse like a PTP message to find out the message length */
> +     if (cnt < sizeof(struct ptp_header))
> +             return 0;
> +
> +     hdr = (struct ptp_header*)ptr;

"ptp_header *".

> +     lane_size_field = ntohs(*(unsigned short*)(ptr + (trailer_start + 2)));

Unnecessary parenthesis around "trailer_start + 2".

> +     lsdu_size = (lane_size_field & 0x0FFF);

Same here.

> +     if (lsdu_size != cnt)
> +             return 0;
> +
> +     /* Verify the suffix */
> +     suffix_id = ntohs(*(unsigned short*)(ptr + (trailer_start + 4)));

And here.

> +     if (suffix_id == ETH_P_PRP)
> +     {
> +             *trailer_len = PRP_TRAILER_LEN + padding_len;
> +             return 1;

Is it necessary to return the padding length here? If I understand it
correctly it's not specific to PRP. It's just the original Ethernet
minimum length of 64 plus 6 bytes for the trailer. If you remove the
padding_len variable, the function can be simplified a bit.

--
Miroslav Lichvar