Hi,

> Just some minor coding style issues. Please order the declarations by length
> (reverse christmas tree) and write hdr as "*hdr" instead of
> "* hdr".

Thanks for pointing out the coding style, will fix it.

> Is it necessary to return the padding length here? If I understand it
> correctly
> it's not specific to PRP. It's just the original Ethernet minimum length of 64
> plus 6 bytes for the trailer. If you remove the padding_len variable, the
> function can be simplified a bit.

In my testing I haven't noticed any issues if I only remove the actual PRP
trailer (and not padding), but it might because the padding is 00 bytes.

For example, a PTP SYNC message is 44bytes long, with normal eth header (no
vlan) being 14bytes it ends up being padded with 6 bytes (followed by PRP
trailer).
If I only remove the PRP trailer (6 bytes) but leave the padding length in
`cnt`, then if I follow the code correctly the message should end up in
msg.c:425 and still have 6 (padding)bytes to process.
To my understand it should try to parse TLV, and then return a suffix_len of 4
(successfully taken 1 TLV and failed to take the 2nd) which should fail the
check on msg.c:429.
This is just from reading the code, might be that I am missing something.

BR,
Magnus Armholt