On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:14 AM, pushprajnimbalkar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   --- In linuxvadapav@yahoogroups.com <linuxvadapav%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "Viket Trivedi"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM, pushpraj nimbalkar <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > > I installed fedora 10 recently and disabled services which i dont
> require
> > > including iptables. but now when fedora 10 starts iptables service
> also
> > > starts automatically."chkconfig","ntsysv","system-config-services"
> all shows
> > > that iptables is disabled but i dont know how it starts. after
> booting when
> > > i run "iptables -L" it shows iptable is running or "service
> iptables status"
> > > also shows it's running.iptables scripts inside rc directory is
> K92iptables.
> > > Stopping service is one option but i think it's not solution.
> > > SElinux and ip6tables are disabled.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Pushpraj N.

> > Hi Pushpraj,
> >
> > Can you tell what runlevel your system boots in.
> > also can you give the output of "chkconfig --list iptables" command.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Viket
> >

> Hi Viket,
> My system boots in runlevel 5. Following is the output of your command:
>
> iptables 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
>
> Thanks,
> Pushpraj N.

HI Pushpraj,

1. Check if there is any entry to start iptables manually in rc.local file.
2. ON your iptables using chkconfig and check if it creates an entry in
rc5.d directory for iptables. if yes then boot your system and let iptables
start. then OFF your iptables service again and check if iptables entry is
removed from rc5.d directory.
3. Also make sure you are not running any 3rd party firewall tool like
shorewall or smoothwal which runs over iptables. if yes then shorewall would
be starting iptables.

hope it helps.

regards,
Viket