Dear Lin,

You bring interesting news to the table with your insight ...

IMHO any global mapping plane should be fully distributed with no root
under any specific gov.

Look at BGP protocol ... it does not require a root .. yet it allows to
dynamically interconnect quite a few of global databases. Of course from 30
years back we now know much more modern ways to share information then via
distance vector protocol. But none of those should be based on any politics
controlling "the root" of it no matter which side it is on.

/* Side comment .... */

When I spoke to some of the 5G folks this was clearly the direction and in
fact Dino's LISP was one of the strongest candidates there as control
plane.

Best,
Robert.