Can add that we don't want to scale a mapping service like dns or x500. rather
take full advantage of no-sql tech that wasn't available at the time to create
a flat pub-nub like service for overlays, scaled based on underlay regular IP.
No bootstrap loop.

The effect on mobile can be dramatic, any packet coming up from the
base-station, no matter the address space or transience can be considered Gi.
No need for a whole different sets of framework for network functions pre Gi
and post Gi. There's the RAN and there's virtual IP (NVO3). Or rather (flat )
directory-assisted virtual IP. traffic going back and forth:

                            Mapping
RAN <> NVO3 <> IP <> NVO3 <> Internet
             Functions            Functions
           (scheduling)          (peering)