Okay I see the confusion and how this could be misleading. I’m not sure how to fix this editorially.

The 2 fields are in a “Map-Reply Record” which was only in a Map-Register. If a Map-Request would want to supply mapping entry, it would include a Map-Reply Record. But before pubsub was spec’ed there would be no way to encode the 2 new fields because the I-bit was not specified.

Since the pubsub spec introduces the I-bit the 2 fields can be included and needed for the new protocol operation sped ‘ed in the pubsub draft.

A possible fix is to have pubsub refer to 9301, section 5.6 but would be misleading to convey a Map-Register message which is not the intent. So I conclude no change should be made.

Dino