> If you upgrade from x86 to x64.  Can you do the upgrade remotely from
> 2.0 release x86 using the gui?  Or, is it necessary to do the upgrade
> from the pfsense console command line interface?

It can be done remotely, but ...

> Also, when Seth mentioned "hard reboot," is he describing doing an init
> 6 from the command prompt or physically pulling the plug on the unit?

Someone will need to pull the plug or cycle power manually. If you have
IPMI/DRAC/etc then you can reset it that way.

Problem is that you now have a 64-bit reboot binary on a 32-bit system,
and it can't be executed. Also sometimes other bits freak out even if it
starts the reboot process. (We try to preserve a 32-bit reboot binary
but apparently that isn't enough).

Jim