Hi,

I'd like to use pfSense for a proof-of-concept to link two networks together for a SIP trunk. After discussing with the other network admin, we concluded that we'd use NAT because we don't want the traffic to go through core switches, which are the only L3 devices available.

I know NAT is not perfect, but it would keep things on L2. So here is what I do:

1 server on one side, pfsense in the middle, 3 servers on the other side.

Subnet 1: 172.30.100.1/24
Server 1: 172.30.100.100
pfSense : 172.30.100.254

Subnet 2: 192.168.99.0/24
Server 1: 192.168.99.11
Server 1: 192.168.99.12
Server 1: 192.168.99.14
pfSense : 192.168.99.4

How should I do my NAT rules? I think I should use the outbound NAT config, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Ugo