On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Christian Borchert <ccb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Tried asking in the forums and on IRC but no one seems to be able to
> help....
>
> Running 2.0.1-RELEASE (amd64)
>
> I have 2 WAN facing interfaces, WAN and OPT1.
> I have 1 LAN facing interface, LAN.
>
> Normally I move 1 megabit per second outbound through OPT1 and near to
> nothing outbound through WAN.
>
> The inbound LAN traffic is nearly half the outbound WAN+OPT1 (the traffic
> is moving only on OPT1, but is being counted in both OPT1 and WAN).
> The outbound LAN traffic seems to be correct (equal to inbound WAN+OPT1).
>
> The RRD graphs are not matching the Traffic graphs in the dashboard.
>
> Whats going on and how can I fix it?
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11017049/pfsense_rrd_lan.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11017049/pfsense_rrd_wan.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11017049/pfsense_rrd_opt1.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11017049/pfsense_traffic_graphs.png
>
> I have linked the forum thread here for reference:
> http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,46816.0.html

I have a similar problem and filed a bug at one point but then got confused
and thought it was resolved but I'm still seeing this issue.

Here's the bug report <http://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/1395> and the forum
post <http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,34834.0.html> that I posted
a while back.  What I've found is that if you use an external tool to
collect and graph you data like munin, cacti, or zenoss that uses SNMP to
get the interface counters you will get the correct information.
--
David