On 3/22/2012 2:43 AM, David Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Chris Buechler <c...@pfsense.org> wrote:
>>

>> That's not the same scenario you described in the previous thread
>> unless it's just not explained as thoroughly.
>
> In the previous thread I included a second pfsense, but didn't mention
> it this time since the traffic in question doesn't touch it, unless
> I'm mistaken.

Is this your only WAN? Does your rule passing out traffic to this server
have a gateway set?

If that is the case, it could be the upstream gateway that is dropping
the session since, if policy routing is happening, the rule would be
getting a route-to making it bounce off the upstream gateway even though
it's inside of the WAN subnet.

Easy way around that would be to just add a pass rule at the top of the
lan rules to pass to the wan subnet with no gateway set.

Though if that's not the case, then I'm not sure what might be to blame.
I've had a pfSense box doing precisely that sort of setup in place for
5+ years and never had an issue with NAT to servers on the firewall's
WAN subnet.

Jim