On Oct 24, 2013, at 1:16 PM, "Pete Boyd" <petes-li...@thegoldenear.org> wrote:

> From what you've given me I've managed to fix the printing issue by making
> this alteration on Windows workstations:
>
> Windows Firewall -> Advanced -> ICMP -> Settings -> [*] Allow redirect
>
> I'm going to investigate the performance issues you spoke of (there are 15
> workstations on the network), and likewise look into employing a dynamic
> routing protocol.
>
> After all the time I've spent tracking this down, I find that my pfSense
> book has precisely the same information as you've told me, if only I'd
> picked it up, and is quite reassuring about the security implications.
>
> Thanks again

If they really must be on separate subnets I would opt for a third interface in
pfSense A and ditch pfSense B.  Could be VLAN if you have a managed switch.
You might also consider something like a Cisco Small Business (SF302-08, etc.)
switch with basic, static Layer 3 capabilities if you want to offload some of
the inter-subnet traffic from pfSense.