Ok, you have it nailed already - thanks much.

Bob G

On 10/28/2013 12:21 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/DMA_and_LBA_Errors

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Bob Gustafson <bob...@rcn.com <mailto:bob...@rcn.com>> wrote:

    I installed 2.1 on a SanDisk 4GB Ultra (200x) for use on an Alix
    board.

    I configured the ethernet ports using the serial connection and
    then left the connection and minicom running while I did more
    configuration using the ethernet webConfigurator.

    Every time I would make a change to the configuration, I get:

    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139
    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139
    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139
    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139

    from the serial port. Even though it says FAILURE, the
    configuration was retained. (Perhaps a power cycle will wipe it
    out. Will power cycle in a minute and report here)

    Can I do something to fix the problem, or eliminate the messages?

    Perhaps the SanDisk Ultra is too fast? I picked it more for
    reliability than speed. Perhaps it was not a good choice.

    -----

    On power cycle, there were some read errors:

    ...uhub0: 4 ports with 4 removable, self powered
    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139
    ad0: FAILURE - READ status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
    error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=78139
    Root mount waiting for: usbus1
    Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ufs/pfsense0
    Configuring crash dumps...
    Mounting filesystems...
    Setting up memory disks... done.
    Disabling APM onad0: FAILURE - SETFEATURES 0x85
    status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> erro>
     /dev/ad0

    but it seems all of my configuration information was retained.

    Bob G