Am 01.12.2013 15:28, schrieb Adam Thompson:

[FEAT VPN now available free of charge w/o time limit]
I'll note that this only became visible to me on the Play store *today*
(Sunday).  As of yesterday (Saturday), I was still seeing the Free
version and the Pro version in the Play store.

I'm not sure how Google Play handles updates. It may well be that they're doing staggered roll-outs, region-specific, to avoid having a gazillion devices trying to download a new version of an app in the same fraction of a second when an update goes live. I know that they do employ such a method for Over-the-Air Android operating system updates.

Also, the new edition (updated Oct 27) is no longer compatible with
Android 4.x+ according to Google Play.  WTF?

Since my emulator doesn't allow me to access Google Play, I did as it said on the FEAT VPN web site, and downloaded it directly from there:

eclair-2013-01-23.apk for 2.x-3.x: http://www.featvpn.com/dl.php?id=1
ics-2013-01-23.apk for 4.x: http://www.featvpn.com/dl.php?id=2

I'm guessing that when you log on with a 4.x device, you'll only see the 4.x-only version in Google Play.

-Stefan