I am running pfsense 2.1, and auto-update tells me this is the latest version.

My uplink is using PPPoE into a DSL router in bridged mode. The connectivity is fine, but the MTU is 1492 and I would like to bump this up to 1500 (assuming the router will take ethernet frames which are 1508 bytes).

On the WAN settings page I have tried setting MTU=1500 or MTU=1508, and then "Apply" to apply the changes.

However nothing changes: at a shell prompt I see

# ifconfig bce0
bce0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
# ifconfig pppoe0
pppoe0: flags=88d1<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1492

Even after a full reboot it remains the same.

I found ticket https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/2209 which is supposed to be resolved, although I notice the ticket remains open.

Has anyone else been able to make this work?

Thanks,

Brian.