To allow traffic to 'hit' pfSense services that are available on the wan you don't need port forward rules.
Only creating firewall rules should suffice for that.

Only if your running 2 machines for failover, it makes sense to use CARP.

If you want to be able to ping pfSense or run services on pfSense itself that use the secondary ip's then make them 'IP-Alias' Otherwise you might also give proxy-arp a try..

After that you can either use portforwards or 1on1 natting to make webservers and other devices reachable by those ip addresses. Which still also require firewall rules to allow traffic. (portforwards automatically create them if you allow it to, 1on1 does not..)

Greets PiBa