On 20/05/2014 12:28, Ryan Coleman wrote:
On May 20, 2014, at 1:59, Giles Coochey <gi...@coochey.net> wrote:

Not to mention that if I ran a PE 2850 at home there would probably be
complaints about the noise!!! Those things *scream* in the audible sense!!!

Typically just on the first boot - mine always stopped screaming after about 30
seconds

Even after the fan's have kicked out of their max-cooling, max-air-flow mode the server is still way too loud for me in a home environment.

Fan-less atom based box for home environment any day... and easily push 40Mbps IPsec.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd