From: List [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On Behalf Of Mikey van der
Worp
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 1:06 PM
To: list@lists.pfsense.org
Subject: [pfSense] Issue with SMTP - Spam behind NAT

To whom it may concern,

Today I have come to you with the question on how to block users from spamming
with smtp/25, behind NAT and the IP of PfSense (< NAT). We do not wish/want to
block the entire SMTP traffic in the private range to the world, because there
are important clients behind the pfSense, who actually behave normally, we
thought about forcing all the SMTP traffic to be redirected trough the pfsense
machine, so it can be scanned/blocked. (even when the user decides not to do
this and want to use their own SMTP server). Is there some documentation for
this or rate-limiting available? Do you might have any solutions for the
problem described above?

The current situation causes our server to be blocked at blacklists.

Hopefully somebody can help me out!

Thanks in advance,
Mikey van der Worp

-