On 10/9/2014 12:30 PM, Jorge Severino wrote:
unsubscribe

    In most of my client networks, there is an internal exchange
    server and an external spam filter / mail gateway.

    I use floating rules to allow all SMTP traffic to the spam filter,
    and all SMTP traffic to the Exchange servers, then I block all
    other SMTP.

    Viruses trying to send mail out to various SMTP servers on the net
    get blocked (because it's not going through the spam gateway) and
    the Exchange server requires authenticated SMTP.

    This makes it easy to set things like copiers (which usually have
    horridly complex SMTP support with little or no logging other than
    "something went wrong) and various linux/unix boxes to use our
    spam filter as an unauthenticated relay, and viruses using SMTP
    can only talk to Exchange or the spam filter.  Either way, it's
    fairly easy to figure out which host is spewing mail by looking at
    the Exchange or Postfix logs.  It's also fairly easy to rate-limit
    or block hosts that send more than 100 messages in an hour.

    Use floating rules to accomplish the task.  For example:
    * Apply immediately on match, accept tcp/25 from any to exchange ip
    * Apply immediately on match, accept tcp/25 from any to spam filter ip
    * Apply immediately on match, reject tcp/25 from any to any

    -A

    On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:05 AM, Mikey van der Worp