> I thought there was a very large restriction in packages using CF compared to
> HDD, is that not the case (I'm coming from 1.2.3 so this might have changed)

That may well be true - I must confess I’m of the school of thought that a
firewall/router should do firewalling and routing, and not a lot else, so my
experience with packages is at best limited :-)

> I did try a CF card, that started to boot but immediatley hung

I’ve had that on occasion - nearly always down to an incorrectly (or
incomplete) written CF card. I don’t know what OS environment you’re used to
using day-to-day, but in my experience I could never persuade the windows
physdiskwrite utility to work reliably on Win7. If you’re not using a *nix
machine to write your CF card, I’d strongly suggest doing so if you can.

Kind regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall