HTTP Host headers are not even seen by the firewall unless some type of
Deep Packet Inspection is running or the firewall is the destination and
runs a proxy to the other servers.

The alias method suggested will not work in this case (as you found)
because pfSense does not check the host headers.

Squid might be able to do the job, but I don't think the pfSense package of
squid supports multiple FQDNs (Fully Qualified Domain Names).
A quick look at the settings page shows only options for proxy by path, not
by full URL.
Once you install the plugin, look under Services -> Reverse Proxy for the
settings.

- Y