On 03/23/2015 03:03 PM, mayak wrote:
On 03/22/2015 12:38 AM, Bryan D. wrote:
We've had a pfSense-to-pfSense "always on" IPsec VPN connecting 2 offices since
2008 (pfSense 1.2 IIRC) and it's:
- been ultra reliable (if VPN is down, suspect ISP issue or pfSense box failure)
- it's been quick to connect (about 1 second, almost unnoticeable)
- it's worked across numerous upgrades without issue (nice!)

Beginning with pfSense v2, we added multiple P2s at each end (still same
reliability, etc.).

One of the offices has had its hardware updated and its pfSense updated to 2.2 then 2.2.1
(after testing to see whether we seemed to be affected by the "multiple P2
issue" noted in the upgrade page -- we're OK on that one).  This connection has
continued to work with the same characteristics as before.  The 2.2.1 system is 64-bit
and the other end is v2.1.5 32-bit

We recently added a second site-to-site IPsec VPN, essentially the same as the existing
one except both sides are pfSense v2.2.1 (but other end is 32-bit) and stronger
algorithms are being used and P1 is set to v2 (supposedly avoiding any "multiple
P2" issues).
<snip>

i have to say that i am also experiencing this. i'm in the process of
installing smokeping to prove connectivity is good between the public ip
endpoints between various vpns.

will report back with those results.

thanks

just got dropped again -- fourth time in last few hours -- something is
definitely wrong.

upgraded all my pfsenses to 2.2.1 over the weekend.