On 28 Jun 2015, at 02:38, Ryan Coleman <ryan.cole...@cwis.biz> wrote:
> which is the preferred mind you because it would give me all three additional
> IPs (gateway, network address and broadcast) as addressable…

No it won’t. Your network is 18.25.125.16/29. You still have to follow the
normal rules about gateway, network and broadcast - you can’t get around that.
If you need more than the 5 usable addresses, you need to ask your service
provider to give you a /28. This is not a pfSense limitation.

So in the example I gave, I used .17 for pfSense’s OPT1 interface. This gives
you .18 - .22 inclusive for your stuff. .23 is the broadcast.

Kind regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall