On 12/28/2015 10:08 AM, Andrew Martin wrote:
> I agree that this is ideal (both for security and ease of configuration),
> however note that I am using an OpenVPN setup on pfSense with Yealink
> phones and Asterisk and have run into intermittent quality problems where
> audio will drop out for 10-30 seconds one way during a call. I'm not sure
> if this is a hardware problem with my pfSense router, overhead from the VPN
> connection, or something else.

I too have Yealink phones in the exact same manner terminating to
several different asterisk installations and have not had any call
quality issues.  Of course there are many variables that have to be
considered with voip over the internet, the firewall itself, the
internet connections on either end and utilization of them, the model
and firmware of the phones themselves and the everything about the
asterisk installation as well.

mark