"IPv6 does not seem to get proper advertisements from peer and both think
they're MASTER"

Are you only syncing in one direction?

fe80::250:56ff:febf:3ca5 is a link-local address which looks a bit strange in
my skimming of the below.

Overall, we have two IPv6 ranges for the routing:
WAN CARP IP: 2607:ff50::12/125
WAN IP router 1: 2607:ff50::17/125
WAN IP router 2: 2607:ff50::16/125
LAN block: 2607:ff50:0:4c::0/64

2607:ff50:0:4c::0/64 is routed to 2607:ff50::12 by our data center.  CARP syncs
over IPv4 and we've not had a problem.  We're on 2.2.6.

"CARP is not permitted on their equipment"

Is that even possible?  How would they prevent that other than tying the IP
address to a MAC address?

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.