On 2016-05-05 14:23, Bob Gustafson wrote:
On 05/05/2016 02:05 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On May 5, 2016, at 6:26 AM, Paul Mather <p...@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

On May 5, 2016, at 9:13 AM, Vick Khera <vi...@khera.org> wrote:

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Jeppe Øland <jol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does this update actually work?

After hitting install and crunching for a while, it showed "firmware
installation failed!" at the top.

I just did the upgrade and it succeeded. However, ntpd was not restarted on
either of the two systems upgraded. I had to manually restart ntpd.

Same here. In fact, in my case, ntpd ended up in the stopped state, and I had to start it manually.
it’s documented that you need to (re)start NTP manually.

I haven't yet upgraded to 2.3+

My question is whether ntpd is dead on every  reboot of pfSense, or
just the one after upgrading?
2.3 to 2.3_1 is NO reboot.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281