It will restart on its own

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Gustafson <bob...@rcn.com> Date:
5/5/16  4:36 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Larry Rosenman <l...@lerctr.org> Cc: pfSense
[pfSense] 2.3_1 ?

On 05/05/2016 03:13 PM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On 2016-05-05 15:11, Bob Gustafson wrote:

>>> 2.3 to 2.3_1 is NO reboot.
>>>
>> What does "2.3 to 2.3_1 is NO reboot" mean?
>>
>> Does it mean that even through power failures, the little pfSense
>> soldiers on - pinging ntp even without power?
> No, the upgrade from 2.3 to 2.3_1 does *NOT* force a reboot.....
>
> You just need to restart the ntpd service.
I'm sorry to be so dense on this subject...

My question assumes that the box *has been upgraded* to 2.3_1 - perhaps
yesterday.
And nptd has been started just after the upgrade.

Along comes a power failure.

Then the power is restored to the box.

When the pfSense within the box is running, is the ntpd running, or does
it (again) need to be restarted manually?