On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Volker Kuhlmann
> I disagree. While it'll work, its security is nowhere near the same. It
> depends on the VLAN switch's firmware being bugfree (we all know about
> how likely that is), it adds complexity, and it mixes physically
> separate networks together on one cable. Perhaps it might be acceptable
> to merge networks of the same security level, merging LAN and WAN
> networks doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Entertain me, it's been literally a decade since I last saw someone
imply that switch VLAN implementations were generally of dubious
nature.  Can you perhaps point me to a recent VLAN-crossing
vulnerability, or documented VLAN crosstalk?  We all know about the
old CAM table overflows, but that's been long fixed.