Because I blamed it on the local phone company. :)

Ping time, as you can see in the quoted text, hits up to 48 seconds. I cannot
get it to reply and I am not seeing anything in the logs.

It’s not the switch - rebooting does not resolve. Switching ports is not viable
for testing at the time of the issue because of VLANs.

I honestly suspect it’s the firewall hardware failing more than anything else.

—
Ryan