This is more out of curiosity to verify that I'm correct, with pfSense 2.4
using ZFS will that solve the issue where an SG appliance will stop booting
because of a corrupt filesystem and require a reinstall?

I've had too many cases where for whatever reason a box was shutdown
improperly (could be the client unplugging it for example) and the system
became corrupt and worked fine after re-installing the OS.

I'm hoping that ZFS with it's data integrity and rollback features will
solve this issue.

Am I right? And if so we should consider re-installing existing
installations with pfSense 2.4 so that it installs using ZFS?

--
Arthur Wiebe | +1 519-670-5255