From: List <list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org> On Behalf Of Chuck Mariotti
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:57 PM
To: list@lists.pfsense.org
Subject: [pfSense] Bandwidth Mismatch between pfSense and Data Center
Provider...

We've run into a data overage situation at a datacenter... We get charged a
premium per GB over 500GB (yes I know, stupid). Their reporting system seems to
indicate significantly less data usages vs pfSense's RRD reporting... their
billing system seems to be indicating overage similar to their reporting...
Uploads seem to be growing significantly. Any idea why the pfSense box seems to
be counting differently than the datacenter's metrics? We need to track down
where this usage is happened, but I know users have only grown ~5% over that
same period of time.

Here are stats for each month:

January                                February
March                                   April
             May (to 23rd)
Datacenter (Upload/Download):               618.95GB/76.01GB
365.25/47.15GB                799.92/79.81GB                801.67/105.01GB
         581.57/76.26GB
pfSense RRD (Upload/Download):            1372.41GiB/148.91GiB
1388.65/149.60GiB           1697.71/152.24GiB                1706.53/200.86GiB
         1177.95/139.55GiB

Any suggestions how or why there is a mismatch?

Regards,

Chuck