Alvaro Mouriño wrote:
I'm a member of a local group called Debian Uruguay [0]. Several
members offered voluntarily to give speeches about any subject. I
volunteered too, in my case to give a speech about Web Standards [1].

The point that I will emphasize is accesibility, and I want to
demonstrate this by browsing non-standards-compliant sites (and
standards too) with a browser for blind or low-vision users. Is there
any that is free? (free as in free software) I don't know any, so I'm
a little lost. I would like to know the choices available and
advantages/disadvantages of each one.

The last thing is that this is the first time I give a speech, so
maybe someone with a little more experience in this matter could point
me some subjects I should/should not talk about.

Hi Alvaro

I gave a talk just under a year ago on web standards. It's up here:
<http://www.govis.org.nz/conference2005/presentations/mike-brown-html/index.html>
and may give you some ideas.

It's best viewed in something like Firefox and in full-screen mode (F11). If you print it out, or print preview, you can also see my speaking notes.

Hope it might be of some use :)

Mike