On 5/4/06, Stevio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The one argument that may trump the other arguments is that there's a target
property in the CSS3 Hyperlink module working draft. Does this mean that
they have seen the error of removing the target attribute and are now
bringing it back, in which case we should just keep using it and use a
transitional doctype?

The target property in css is not the same as the html attribute target.
It can be confusing when they use the same terms but we have to live with it.
What the target property in css does, it enables you to give style to
anchor-elements.

Dev edge has a good article about it, you can test examples out in
Firefox (atleast).
http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/viewsource/2003/target-selector/index_en.html