In a different context, Mathew Patterson wrote:
I would suggest you look at Eric Myer's website, here:
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo2.html
I've noticed before that Mr Meyer quite often uses stuff like:

                [1]  div#links a:hover img {position: absolute;  etc.

whereas I would just say :

                [2]   #links a:hover img {position: absolute; etc.

Given that Eric Mayer is one smart guy, and I am not ( :-) ), I find myself being intrigued as to why he does this. Is there a reason? Does the preceding 'div' actually do anything, or is it simply saying that it's the id of a div, as opposed to an id of something other than a div???

Anyone?

--
Best Regards,

Bob McClelland