On 7/13/06, Buddy Quaid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here is the page in question:
http://tangerinefiles.com/treatyoak/personal.html

Okay, so this might be hard to explain but here goes...

On this page I am using suckerfish dropdowns for the navigation. On this

I must be behind the times; I've never heard of suckerfish dropdowns. =)

[snip]

Now the funny part is if I swap the ".over" and ".on" rules so that "on"
comes before "over" it will highlight properly and it would be perfect.

This is a shot in the dark since I don't have ready access to IE, but
I can suggest two changes that may help. First, put a space between
your selector and the left curly bracket. IE shouldn't have trouble
with that, but there's no need to challenge its parser, and it makes
the CSS easier to read. Second, try lumping all of your rules into
one, like so:

#mortgage.over, #mortgage.on, #mortgage:hover {
background-image: url("images/index_r2_c8_f2.gif");
}

BTW, are you aware that the page doesn't validate? That's always a
good place to start when trying to roust out misbehaviors.

HTH

--
Philip
http://NikitaTheSpider.com/