[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Bob,
I know that you didn't intend any offence, and I appreciate that I did
not give the answer that the poster was hoping for, but do I need to
remind everyone of the title of this forum?
As long as we fail to implement existing standards such as
border-radius, IE can legitimately say there is no need for them to
support it.
Developing a hack (however elegant) is not _promoting_  web standards,
semantic mark-up, or accessibility.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I'm glad you noticed the smiley! I hear, respect, and agree with what you're saying (in principle), but at the same time the members of this forum aren't pure academics, or working in a vacuum. Many are real day to day, bread and butter, web designers. Getting a 'working job' done is often the most important factor in deciding which way to code/markup.

I see the function of this group as providing a forum where we can all share knowledge and encourage the use of standards/semantic markup etc. BUT, often this cannot be at the expense of a real working solution.

An 'existing standard' may be interesting (and usually is), but it's no use in the real world if it doesn't work for the majority of users.

just my 2p's worth.

--
Best Regards,

Bob McClelland