From: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of e-Bility Sandra Vassallo
Sent: Tuesday, 1 August 2006 3:45 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Default browser stylesheet values

Hi Paul,

I usually start with Tantek's 'debug scaffolding' to create a consistent
starting point by ruling out the various browser defaults - not sure if
this is what you had in mind but I find it a great approach.

http://tantek.com/log/2004/09.html#d06t2354

Erik has also written about it in his archives 'Really Undoing html.css' at:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2004/09/15/emreallyem-undoing-htmlcss/

Cheers,
Sandra

russ - maxdesign wrote:
> Here is the one recommended by the W3C
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/sample.html
>
> One clumsy way I have used in the past to test individual browsers it to
put
> two identical html files beside each other - one without any css and the
> other with css in the head. Then you can zero all margins, padding size
etc
> for specific elements in this second html file and add your own css to try
> and match the unstyled version. Not ideal but it works  :)
> Russ
>

>> Hey all,
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone is aware of any web resources that detail the
>> default style values given to various elements by browsers (specifically
>> IE6)?
>>
>> For example, what are the default IE6 CSS values for body, h1-6, p, etc?
>>
>> I've already tried Googling this myself, but didn't come up with
>> anything.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Paul Hempsall
>> Web Developer
>>

>> Lake Macquarie City Council
>> Phone: (02) 4921-0713
>> Fax: (02) 4921-0566
>> Web: http://www.lakemac.com.au
>>
>> This information is intended for the addressee only. The use, copying or
>> distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone
other
>> than the addressee is prohibited by the sender.
>>
>> Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual
sender,
>> except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
Council.

>> ******************************************************
>> The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/
>>
>>  See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
>>  for some hints on posting to the list & getting help
>> ******************************************************
>>

> Thanks
> Russ

> Russ Weakley