There are very good reasons to open new windows, not just when using frames, online banking being one of them.

There seems to be some misinformation floating about this list.

I have accounts in both Commonwealth and Bankwest, who both seem to think that popups are a fantastic idea. Bankwest are more evil though because when you logout they resize your window which shits me to tears.

Anyway, the point I am making is that I am not forced to use their crappy pop-up, as it is a webpage that can be loaded directly into your browser, which I do. Yes, it is easily done.

Point one: There is no real way to enforce a pop-up for your user if they don't want one.

The other issue I have is that people are under a false impression that a pop-up is more secure. A pop-up adds no more extra security to that which is already present. Do not be fooled!!

Point two: No extra security.

I honestly think the banking pop-ups are a waste of time and effort and are a pain in the *rse.

Kat