> James Oppenheim wrote:
>> A quick question. When marking up XHTML should I be using entity
>> names or entity numbers? Is there a standard or best practice?

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:29:44 +1000, Lachlan Hunt responded:

> Even better than using references is to encode the file as UTF-8
> and just enter the real characters.

Sorry to come late to this parade. Just wanted to add a couple of
things I learned to watch out for.

1. If you can, choose a font for the editor that supports the
    characters (glyphs) you want to use.

2. Make sure that the font-family for the web page will display
    these glyphs. Browsers *may* make a substitution, but don't
    count on it.

3. Make sure your FTP options are set to transfer all files as binary
    *not* as ASCII.

Cordially,
David