At 10/26/2006 11:54 AM, Mike at Green-Beast.com wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I did note it was left - right - down so it was
more or less just an option for if wanting a presentational list in that
format (not sure if it's wrong or fractured per se).

Sure -- perhaps I shouldn't have used such prejudicial language! There are instances in which horizontal list wrap is perfectly acceptable, e.g. gallery thumbnails. It's when the designer (such as the OP for this thread) wants vertical sequences of list items that the horizontal format seems inappropriate.

That said, maybe I'll have to offer it the other way in a future experiment.
I do suspect I'll have to measure heights in EMs, though to prevent breakage
(assuming I'll end up using some negative margin-top).

If you haven't already, please read my List Apart article <http://alistapart.com/articles/multicolumnlists/>. I'd love it if you could improve on any of those techniques or come up with ones I hadn't considered.

Warm regards,
Paul