Thanks for your input, Peter, I found that very useful. I would
certainly agree with your comment:

> Its all about the audience!

And in the case of the e-learning site you linked to (nice work, by the
way, the web designers top tips are especially good) Flash is definitely
the way to go. I know what my kids would say if I gave them the choice
between a fun Flash interface and boring textual information.

However I don't for one minute think that anyone here believes that
"flash is always evil", but rather were concerned about the apparent
imbalance in the way Flash was presented in the article as the only
sensible route to accessibility, especially at the expense of CSS and
web standards.

As you say yourself an "incredible amount of work is done" to ensure
accessibility within your Flash sites, and you are to be commended by
that. However, as has been mentioned already, many designers may not
have the time or inclination to put this work in, whereas CSS to a large
degree does a lot of the work for you, even if the rendered output is
not as immersive.

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

Chris