On 11/9/06, David McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get font sizing consistent between IE6 and Firefox.

Unfortunately our CMS writes two HTML comments before the DOCTYPE declaration
on each page, throwing IE into quirksmode. This means that the default text is
too large on IE and much too small on Firefox.

I've tried setting the font-size on the body element as 76% (following Owen
Briggs' recommendation:
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/typography/index.html)
and also font-size:small combined with a box-model hack to account for IE5/Win
(Dan Cederholm's bulletproof version) but neither of these work with quirksmode
(or at least our version of it).

Any thoughts? I've got a deadline looming ...

Thanks in advance.
David

You could use conditional comments, or just size the text in pixels...

or find a way to remove those comments!

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... portfolio.christianmontoya.com